A. Harvey has been in the marine stevedoring business since 1865. In May 1979, Argentia Freezers and Terminals was established to serve the fishing industry. In 1988, a 40,000 square foot cold storage facility was constructed to better serve this industry.
From 1957 to 1987, Harvey Autocarriers operated only on the east coast of the island. In 1987, rail service ceased, at which time we began servicing the west coast and also took over the operation of auto compounds on both the east and west coasts.
For over 150 years, Harvey’s Home Heating and Harvey’s Oil has been a proud Newfoundland and Labrador-operated company. We’ve grown to be the largest home-heat provider on the Avalon Peninsula, by continually changing to meet the needs of our customers.